Welcome to our "Let's Talk" page. Please share your thoughts with me by clicking on the "comment" tab below each post.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

This week our memory verse is Philippians 4:6-7 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.  (NKJV) 
In the Greek it is saying that we are commanded to "Be anxious for not one thing".  When we truly accept the idea that God is in control over every aspect of our lives and we know His sovereign hand is in every event and circumstance whether good or bad then we need not be anxious.  We Can TRUST GOD in everything!  But notice the verse goes on to say "but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God."  Ladies we have a responsibility to Trust God and that means praying in every situation for God's protection, His guidance, and His will to be done.  And the result - "and the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."  How does this affect your way of thinking about the circumstances in your life?

3 comments:

  1. Our study and Ph. 4:6-7...Instead of thinking I have to be resigned to various circumstances, I now pray anticipating good to be done, now or in God's timing. I know that He is listening to and knows my concerns. I want Him to know I am thankful for my many blessings that He has seen me take for granted in the past..as recent as today, smile. This changes my prayers. I have seen Him give me new direction and purpose even in this day! There is another added blessing. Thank you Lord! Just me, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is still difficult to pray to God for every situation, simply because sometimes things seem so simple we don't think we need to pray (Jerry and I have talked about this when we study), but we do! even for little things He is concerned. I feel very confident when I think about that because it reminds me of how involved God is with everything. It makes Him seem so much less distant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the keyword in these verses is thanksgiving.The Lord relishes our praises to Him,maybe even more than just prayers.He wants us to love Him,and to seek Him out for fellowship.

    ReplyDelete